Readers like you make this website possible.
Anamchara — an online resource for the exploration of Christian and interfaith mysticism, contemplative living, and silent prayer — includes a blog, a knowledge base, and audio/video content. It’s a labor of love and requires several hours each workday to keep going. This website is made possible by the generous support of readers like you.
When you make a pledge to support this site, you not only have the satisfaction of knowing you are partnering with me to keep quality contemplative writing available online, but you also get exclusive “first look” access at my new writing — including poetry, meditation, and encouragement for your ongoing contemplative practice. Depending on your level of support, you may also have first-look access to new videos, complimentary enrollment in online courses offered through my blog, and even the opportunity to participate in online retreats or spiritual direction.
After much consideration (and prayer!), I chose Patreon to facilitate financial support for my blog. Patreon is a website where you can support writers and other artists like me — people who are engaged in on-going creative work.
This website is a forum devoted to Christian mysticism and contemplative spirituality. I write about the wisdom of the great Christian mystics of the past, the practices that can help you foster a meaningful contemplative practice in your life, and related topics (such as interfaith dialogue). I also regularly publish reviews of books related to contemplation and mysticism.
I began this blog very much as a hobby, because this is a topic dear to my heart. By the grace of God, I’ve had the opportunity to write several books and out of that I’ve been blessed with many opportunities to lead retreats and give talks at churches, monasteries and even seminaries. Contemplation and mysticism are important topics, and both practicing Christians and people who identify as spiritual-but-not-religious want to learn more about the rich heritage of Christian mysticism and contemplation.
This website fills an important niche. But because of the ongoing time commitment that a site like this entails, I depend on support from readers like you who have found this blog helpful on your spiritual journey.
You can make a monthly pledge in any amount on Patreon. Even just ten dollars a month gives you access to all the exclusive “first look” content that patrons get to see first. But truly, any amount is welcome — the miracle of crowdfunding is that many small pledges add up to a sustainable level of support. In fact, I encourage patrons to keep their pledged amount small, since that is more sustainable over the long haul.
When you make a pledge, you become part of the team — a team of patrons who join with me in the conviction that mysticism and contemplation are what Christians need, and what the world needs. Because of the support of patrons, I will be able to continue publishing new material, and hopefully expanding the voice (and reach) of this blog, to get the word out about mysticism and contemplation to others.
I regularly get emails from readers who tell me how important contemplation and mysticism is to their spiritual life. How many people are there who are in the same boat, but haven’t discovered the tradition of Christian mysticism — yet? Perhaps this blog will help them.
So please — help me to keep writing about these topics we both love so much. Become a Patreon patron today!
There are benefits to being a patron.
- All patrons, at any level, receive a monthly newsletter from me, just for patrons;
- If you pledge $3 or more per month, you get access to 1 or 2 never-before-published contemplative poems;
- Pledge $5 or more per month, and in addition to the above you also get access to a monthly meditation on an aspect of the Christian contemplative path;
- Pledge $20 or more per month, and every time I have a new book published I’ll send you a free autographed copy (sorry, this offer is only for USA residents);
- Pledge $50 or more per month, and you’ll be invited to participate in a quarterly live-stream video conference with me; $100 or more a month gives you access to a monthly Skype or Zoom call with me which you can use for spiritual direction, coaching for your own writing practice, or simply a chance to chat with a fellow contemplative.
Together we can make a difference.
Thank you for your support.
If you are new to this blog, here are a few links to some posts that will give you a taste of what this blog is all about:
- Nine Ways to Foster a Contemplative Church
- The Hidden Tradition of Christian Mysticism
- Seven Reasons to Pray the Divine Office
- Is there a Contemplative Personality Type?
- Silent Prayer Every Day: How Much Do We Need?
- Do Contemplatives Need the Church?
- Seven Hopes for the Christian (and Church) of the Future